Having not looked at my resolutions since having a baby, it was fun to pull them up and see how things went. I completed 8 of the 17 and gave myself and additional .33 points for another 3 resolutions. 2016 was definitely an interesting year and I am thinking I may need fewer resolutions for 2017.
- Read 50 books. I read 82.
- Enjoy the rest of pregnancy #4 and have a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby. Last pregnancy complete, delivery successful, baby delightful. Pregnancy not necessarily enjoyable, but whatever.
- Refinish the back porch and make pallet furniture. We got the back and front porches resurfaced and I got pallets but nothing lovely has come of it yet. I will bump this to my to-do this this May.
- Find 6 sustainable homesteading type activities to implement. Yeah, this didn’t happen even a little. Too busy with baby, kids, and school.
- Travel to South Dakota to see family. Done! And done successfully too. We rocked the road-trip-with-a-newborn event.
- Write some sort of will or living trust or whatever one responsibly puts in place when one has scads of children. Nope.
- Take a parenting class. We did two and loved them!
- Transition to non-pregnant running and PR in something. I didn’t do any real training and my only event for the entire year was a low key 5K.
- Catch up on the baby books that I have not touched all year. Nope. Must do this this year.
- Lose the baby weight plus 3 pounds. Done! And boy does that feel good.
- Be intentional about my spiritual life. This never makes a good resolution, but I add it because I care about this aspect of my life. It’s not measured well and I still feel like I’m floundering. I can’t have what I want or maybe I just don’t know what I want.
- Tighten up the budget since we are going to be making 6% less this year. School has been way more expensive than planned, which frustrates me to no end. Life has been more expensive. The budget is not making me happy.
- Try 36 new recipes. I tried 168 new recipes!
- Write at least one letter or birthday card a month. This fell off the to-do list probably around April. Oh well.
- Enter the Nursing program. Program entered and one semester has been completed.
- Find an effective sustainable weight routine that gets results. Bonus resolution: climb a rope and do a pull up. I feel like I have resolved this many times and I still didn’t even make headway on it this year unless pinning workouts on Pinterest counts.
Superfluous and frivolous resolution: Finish all the seasons of The Office and Gilmore Girls and watch Downton Abbey as the episodes air online. Done!